Calculate your income tax in Gambia, salary deductions in Gambia and compare salary after tax for income earned in Gambia in the 2023 tax year using the Gambia salary after tax calculators.
Select a tax calculator from the list below that matches how you get paid or how your salary package is detailed.
How to calculate your salary after tax in Gambia
Follow these simple steps to calculate your salary after tax in Gambia using the Gambia Salary Calculator 2023 which is updated with the 2023/24 tax tables.
- Resident Status. The Resident status in Gambia here refers to your tax status, not necessarily your visa type or domicile. From a tax calculation perspective, your Tax Resident Status affects non-refundable tax credits and income tax allowances. As with most countries with an international workforce, Gambia has numerous tax/fiscal Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) and Tax Treaties in place.
- Employment Income. This is the amount of salary you are paid. The Gambia tax calculator assumes this is your annual salary before tax. If you wish to enter you monthly salary, weekly or hourly wage, then select the 'Advanced' option on the Gambia tax calculator and change the 'Employment Income and Employment Expenses period'.
That's it! Just two simple steps to calculate your salary after tax in Gambia with detailed income tax calculations. Need more from the Gambia Tax Calculator? More detailed salary calculator or a wage calculator? Simply select 'advanced' to access more features of the tax calculator.
Advanced Features of the Gambia Income Tax Calculator
- Tax Assessment Year The tax assessment year is defaulted to 2023, you can change the tax year as required to calculate your salary after tax for a specific year.
- Your Age You age is used to calculate specific age related tax credits and allowances in Gambia.
- Number of Children and Number of Children who qualify for Dependents Allowance The number of children you have and their status is used to calculate specific dependents related tax credits and allowances in Gambia.
- Number of Working Days in the year The number of working days in the year is used to calculate average daily / weekly etc. earning for the salary calculation and after tax illustrations
- Number of hours worked per week The number of hours worked in the year is used to calculate average daily / weekly / hourly earnings etc. for the salary calculation and after tax illustrations
- Number of weeks worked in the year The number of working weeks in the year is used to calculate average daily / weekly etc. earning for the salary calculation and after tax illustrations
- Employment Income and Employment Expenses period The default Employment Income and Expenses period is 'Annual' meaning the amount you entered as your Employment Income in Gambia. is your annual salary before tax. You can change this to monthly, weekly, four weekly, hourly salary etc. as required to calculate your net pay in Gambia..
Additional features available with the Gambia Tax Calculator
In addition to the features and options described above, the Gambia Tax Calculator also has the following features:
- Select Simple or Advanced. The Simple option is mainly used for those who want to quickly calculate their salary after tax, perhaps to review an annual pay rise or incremental pay rise. The Simple tax calculator is also useful for comparing salaries in Gambia, great if you are looking at a new job in Gambia or comparing salaries in different industries in Gambia. It's a particulalry useful tool for Expats in Gambia or those looking at the expat lifestyle in Gambia. The Advanced Tax Calculator is designed for those who wish to calculate their tax commitments with more detail, for example you may with you calculate your monthly/quarterly/annual tax withholdings to ensure you retain sufficient revenue to cover the cost of your annual self-assessment tax return.
- Normal or Full-Page View. The Normal view allows you to use the Gambia Salary Calculator within the normal content, this means you see the standard menus, text and information around the calculator. This view is better suited to those who are doing a quick salary comparison or quickly estimating their monthly tax withholdings in Gambia. The Full Page view hides the menus and unnecessary text, providing a clear, uncluttered view of the Salary and Tax Calculator, this is the best view for competing more advanced tax calculations as there is less distraction whilst entering key income and expense information.